Tuesday 2 December 2008

ARAB MONEY? BANNED????













Is this shit getting out of hand or what?

I just got word that Busta's 'Arab Money' has been banned on a few radio stations in the u.k.
(including my station, Kiss) I even heard a d.j. on another station was suspended over playing it?
(which I think is weird, why not warn said D.J. and then if he plays it, take action???)

This song has been doing the rounds for at least a couple of months. When I first heard it, I thought it might be a problem, but wanted to see how people reacted to it.

In the clubs, it's all love with people doing the Arab Money dance, people request it on my radio and mixshow all the time...

There's a new remix with a few big names etc (peep it HERE)

But in my opinion, the mistake that blew it up was he re-did the hook, that sounds like (I'm not 100% sure) a muslim call to prayer....if that's what it is...which I doubt, cause Busta aint that reckless, then I'm sure the Flipmode team would've anticipated this.....
Thoughts anyone? Are you Muslim? Does it offend you? What are they saying in the chorus?

5 comments:

razmatizm said...

im a muslim and i dnt find it remotely offensive, the chorus just sounds like halla balla shagala balla or sum shit i dnt speak arabic but it doesnt sound like anything to do with islam or praying or nuthing so dnt really know wot the fuss is, its prob just the politically correct media overcompensating making it seem like muslims wud all be bothered wenn most probly dnt give a shit!

DJ Shock said...

Busta's one of my fav mc's for real... but as you said, surely he would have seen this coming!

Maybe to create some hype for the album on the way? Maybe just a dumb mistake! I mean daaamn look who hes got on the remix and now dj's such as yourself cant even play it!!

So hmmm.. i'm in 2 minds... what you think blitz?

Mark Devlin said...

Funny ... I don't remember Galaxy (the station in question - the DJ was Steve Sutherland) worrying that Christians might be offended by the samples on Kanye's 'Jesus Walks' and banning that??

It's clearly a politically correct over-anxious reaction to all the Jonathan Ross/ Russell Brand bullshit.

Damn - can you imagine how pissed off Sutherland must be at being a scapegoat for all this nonsense?!

BLITZ BWOY said...

It's weird, I think definitely it's been blown all out of proportion.
I know the station and I definitely know the d.j., just didn't wanna put his business out there like that...
(thanx Mark lol)
but that really is my opinion...I would like to hear from Muslims who speak Arabic though...
Good point about the Jesus Walks situation too...

Hasnain Rashid said...

Yo blitz,

I'm a Muslim and I like this tune, i've been told by some of my Muslim friends that the song is haram (haram means forbidden in Islam)

the hook on the original is NOT Arabic, I repeat IT IS NOT ARABIC, it's a load of crap that sounds like Arabic

on the remix, the hook was changed into a verse from the Q'uran (or Koran, the Muslim holy book) this is strictly haram...

Whadd do YOU think about this blitz?