Monday 20 October 2008

CLASSIC SHIT ON A TUESDAY...PART THR33

Seeing as Heltah Skeltah's new album D.I.R.T. (Da Incredible Rap Team)
dropped at the end of last month, I think its only right to keep it Boot Camp today...

This shit brings me back to quite a few years ago, the WHOLE Bootcamp Clikk came to London to perform at Alexandra Palace...the promoters were greedy as fuck!!!! tryna charge like 25 quid for a Hip Hop show in the mid 90's...was unheard of...maybe that's why there was only like 30 people tops rattling around 'Alli Pally' BUT the show was crazy!!!! not only was it the 1st time B.C.C. were in London, The legendary Roger Troutman (the dude where T-Pain got his WHOLE style from R.I.P.) and his group Zapp performed a full live set as if the palce was heaving with punters...everybody was professional and gave it their all.
Great fuckin show....
How did I get in? I was on the list...but my people around that time would use the age old pass scam, failing that, the doors would get rushed and failing that, the venue would get broken into, whether via an unattended entrance or via the roof....yeh I said it...big up to the man dem (and some girls too) you know who you are...I remember another time, a couple of my boys broke into the forum via the roof while Pete Rock & C.L Smooth were performing, and they actually watched the show above their heads on stage!?!?! anyway, pardon my digression....

Lastly, before we get into the vids, check out the Hip Hop show on kiss every Weds as myself and Ted bang out 30 mins of Hip Hop classics every show 21:00-23:00....hit us up @ totalkiss.com/shorteeblitz/bigted

Without further ado... I present to you, The Boot Camp Clikk


HELTAH SKELTAH: OPERATION LOCKDOWN



THE FAB 5 (HELTAH SKELTAH & O.G.C.): LEFLAUR LEFLAH ESHKOSHKA
still don't know what that means....



SMIFF AND WESSUN FT O.G.C.: SOUND BWOY BUREILL



SMIFF AND WESSUN: BUCKTOWN



BLACK MOON: I GOT CHA OPIN (RMX)



BLACK MOON: HOW MANY EMCEES



WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR BOOTCAMP...
BLACK MOON: WHO GOT THE PROPS



ONE OF THE ILLEST COLLECTIVES IN HIP HOP AND THEY'RE STILL GOING STRONG TO THIS DAY....THE WORD FOR TODAY....LONGEVITY!!!!!

No comments: